Windows Internet Explorer 8 does not appear in the "Currently installed updates" list in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008
When you try to remove Windows Internet Explorer 8, the program does not appear in the Currently installed updates list in Windows Vista or in Windows Server 2008.
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- Download and install the System Update Readiness Tool for your version of Windows. For more information about how to obtain the System Update Readiness Tool, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:947821 Description of the System Update Readiness Tool for Windows Vista and for Windows Server 2008
- When the installation of the System Update Readiness Tool is finished, following these steps:
- Click Start , click Control Panel, and then click Program and Features.
- In the navigation pane, click View Installed Updates.
- When the Currently installed updates list is populated, click Windows Internet Explorer 8, and then click Uninstall.
Article ID: 965227 - Last Review: 01/26/2009 17:28:33 - Revision: 1.2
Windows Internet Explorer 8
- kbupdateissue kbsetup kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbexpertisebeginner kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew kbprb KB965227