Strong Password Requirements for Microsoft Windows Server 2003
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Windows 2003 Strong Password requirements
- Must not contain all or part of the user's account name
- Must be at lease seven characters in length
- Must contain characters from three of the following four categories:
- English Uppercase characters (A through Z)
- English lowercase characters (a through z)
- Base 10 digits (0 through 9)
- Non Alphabetic characters ( for example,!$#%)
An administrator can change these password requirements. Requiremenents are not enforced on stand-alone servers for local accounts but are still recommended practices.
Article ID: 966715 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 17:07:58 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Business Solutions for Analytics–FRx 6.7 Desktop
- FRx Financial Reporter 6.5
- kbnosurvey kbarchive KB966715