An update to Windows Live Sign-in Assistant is now available through Microsoft Update. Users who installed an earlier versionof Windows Live ID Sign-in Assistant than version 5.0 can install the latest version through Microsoft Update to obtain the latest critical fixes.
This update addresses compatibility issues with Windows Live Sign-in Assistant and Windows Internet Explorer 8.
- Click Start
, click All Programs, and then click Windows Update.
Collapse this imageExpand this image
- Click Check for updates.
- After the scan is complete, click View available updates.
- If an earlier version of Windows Live Sign-in Assistant is installed on your computer, the update to Windows Live Sign-in Assistant will be listed.
- Select the update that refers to Windows Live Sign-in Assistant.
- Click Install.
- Visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Click Custom to find all the updates that are available for your computer.
- If an earlier version of Windows Live Sign-in Assistant is installed on your computer, the Windows Live product appears in the navigation pane.
- Click Windows Live to make Windows Live Sign-in Assistant appear as an available update.
- Select the check box next to Windows Live Sign-in Assistant.
- Click Review and install updates.
- To install all the listed updates, click Install Updates.
The update is installed on your computer together with any other updates that you select. The Sign-in Assistant manages Windows Live IDs in Microsoft Internet Explorer. This update replaces the version that is currently installed on your computer.
Only computers that already have Windows Live Sign-in Assistant installed will be affected by this update.
Windows Live Sign-in Assistant is distributed together with other Windows Live products. For more information about Windows Live products, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 967912 - Last Review: February 23, 2009 - Revision: 1.2
- Windows Live ID, when used with:
- Windows Internet Explorer 7
- Windows Internet Explorer 8
- Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition
- Microsoft Windows XP Professional
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Ultimate
|kbinfo kbqfe kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew kbhowto KB967912|