FIX: The formatting on the portal is lost when you try to use a customized cascading style sheet for an IAG 2007 portal
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
In Microsoft Intelligent Application Gateway (IAG) 2007, you follow the instructions from the IAG User's Guide to create a customized cascading style sheet (.css file) for your IAG portal. However, after you activate the configuration, the formatting on your portal is lost.
This problem occurs because the default URL rule set for the IAG portal application does not correctly handle the path of a customized .css file. The path for the .css file does not match any of the regular expressions in the rule set. Therefore, access is denied.
To resolve this problem, install Update 1 for IAG 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2).
For more information about IAG 2007 Service Pack 2 Update 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
968384 Description of Update 1 for Intelligent Application Gateway 2007 Service Pack 2
To work around this problem, follow these steps:
- In the IAG 2007 configuration console, click the trunk.
- In the Security and Networking section, click Advanced Trunk Configuration.
- Click the URL Set tab.
- On the URL Set tab, locate Portal_Rule10 under URL List.
- Change the URL for this rule to the following:/[0-9a-z]+portalhomepage/css/customupdate/[0-9a-z_]*portal\.css
- Save and then activate the configuration.
Steps to reproduce the behavior
- On the IAG 2007 computer, locate the Portal.css file in the following folder:<drive>:\whale-com\e-gap\von\PortalHomePage\cssCopy this file to the following folder:<drive>:\whale-com\e-gap\von \Portalhomepage\css\customupdate
- Rename the Portal.css file to the following:trunk0|1portal.cssNote The trunk placeholder represents the trunk name for the portal. The 0|1 placeholder represents the protocol of the portal. For example, the trunk name is Portal1. If the protocol is HTTPS, rename the Portal.css file to Portal11portal.css. If the protocol is HTTP, rename the Portal.css file to Portal10portal.css.
- In the IAG 2007 configuration console, active the configuration.
- Log on to the IAG portal.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 967979 - Last Review: 01/14/2015 17:36:23 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft Intelligent Application Gateway 2007
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbqfe KB967979