FIX: The aggregate value is incorrect when you design a query that contains some entity groups by using the Report Model Query Designer in SQL Server 2008 or in SQL Server 2005
Consider the following scenario:
- In Microsoft SQL Server 2008 or in Microsoft SQL Server 2005, you design a query by using the Report Model Query Designer in Business Intelligence Development Studio.
- In the Report Model Query Designer, you add some fields into some entity groups.
- You add a filter to the query.
- You add an aggregate value on a field.
- The subtotal is not shown for the field.
This problem occurs because the Report Model Query Designer creates an incorrect query when the subtotal is not shown for a field that is included in an entity group.
Service pack informationTo resolve this problem, obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2008. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
968382 How to obtain the latest service pack for SQL Server 2008
To work around this problem, show the subtotal for the field on which you add an aggregate value.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. This problem was first corrected in SQL Server 2008 Service Pack 1.
By default, the subtotal for a field is shown in Report Builder 1.0. By default, the subtotal for a field is not shown in the following products:
- Report Builder 2.0
- The Report Model Query Designer in SQL Server 2005 and in SQL Server 2008
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 968587 - Last Review: 04/08/2009 00:08:06 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services
- kbsurveynew kbexpertiseadvanced kbqfe kbfix KB968587