Groove Manager Server 2007 Service Pack 1 and earlier versions cannot use SQL Server 2008 as a database
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft Office Groove Manager Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1) and earlier versions cannot use Microsoft SQL Server 2008 as a database. You can enter the SQL Server name and authentication information. However, the installation fails in the final stage without visible errors. The installation log contains a series of error messages. The series begins with an error message that resembles the following:
9 ERR An exception of type System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException was thrown. Additional exception information: Invalid object name 'master.dbo.SysXlogins'. System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException: Invalid object name 'master.dbo.SysXlogins'.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Copy the Groove Manager Server 2007 Setup folder to a hard disk or to a network location but not to optical media.
- Obtain the 2007 Microsoft Office servers Service Pack 2 (SP2) executable file. For more information about how to obtain this file, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:953334 Description of 2007 Microsoft Office servers Service Pack 2 and of 2007 Microsoft Office servers Language Pack Service Pack 2
- Extract the contents of the 2007 Microsoft Office servers Service Pack 2 to the Updates folder of the Groove Manager Server 2007 Setup folder. To do this, type the following command at a command prompt, and then press ENTER: officeserver2007sp2-kb953334-x64-fullfile-en-us.exe /extract: path of Groove Manager Server 2007 Updates folder
- After you extract the contents, run the Setup.exe file from the Groove Manager Server 2007 Setup folder.
Article ID: 968770 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 18:33:52 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft Office Groove Server 2007 Manager
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew kbprb KB968770