The PDFCreator toolbar add-on may not be compatible with Internet Explorer 8
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
When you start Internet Explorer 8 that has the PDFCreator toolbar add-on installed, you may receive the following error message:
Internet Explorer 8 is in a special no-add-ons mode so that you can fix a compatibility problem with the PDFCreator toolbarThen, you notice that all add-ons are disabled. Therefore, you cannot use any add-ons that were previously enabled. You may also experience that IE 8 freezes or crashes.
Note The PDFCreator toolbar is an open source software. Microsoft does not support using the PDFCreator toolbar in Internet Explorer.
Update to the latest PDFCreator toolbar add-onTo update to the latest PDFCreator toolbar, follow these steps:
- Uninstall PDFCreator completely from your computer by using Programs and Features in Windows Vista and in Windows 7 or by using Add or Remove Programs in Windows XP.
- Restart the computer.
- Click the following button to take you to the PDFCreator download site, and then download the latest version of the PDFCreator toolbar add-on:
- Install the latest version of PDFCreator toolbar that you download in step 3.
Disable the PDFCreator toolbar add-onTo have us disable the PDFCreator toolbar add-on for you, go to the "Fix it for me" section. If you would rather fix this problem yourself, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Fix it for me
To fix this problem automatically, click the Fix this problem link. Then click Run in the File Download dialog box, and follow the steps in the wizard.
Note This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix works for all language versions of Windows.
Let me fix it myself
To fix this yourself, follow these steps:
- In Internet Explorer 8, click Tools, and then click Manage Add-ons.
- Select the PDFCreator Toolbar add-on, and then click Disable.
- Click Close, and then exit all Internet Explorer windows.
Video: How to disable an add-on in Internet Explorer
Another add-on to create, control and convert online PDF files
Microsoft makes no warranties and excludes all representations, warranties, and conditions whether express, implied, or statutory. These include but are not limited to representations, warranties, or conditions of title, non-infringement, satisfactory condition, merchantability, and fitness for a particular purpose, with regard to any service, solution, product, or any other materials or information. In no event will Microsoft be liable for any third-party solution that this article mentions.
For more information about Internet Explorer compatibility, visit the following Microsoft Web sites:
- How do browser add-ons affect my computer?
- Internet Explorer add-ons: frequently asked questions
- Microsoft Knowledge Base articles regarding Internet Explorer 8
PDF creator IE8 IE 8
Article ID: 968916 - Last Review: 09/25/2013 03:46:00 - Revision: 17.0
Windows Internet Explorer 9, Windows Internet Explorer 8, Windows 7 Enterprise, Windows 7 Home Basic, Windows 7 Home Premium, Windows 7 Professional, Windows 7 Starter, Windows 7 Ultimate
- kbmatsfixme kbaddin kbexpertisebeginner kb3rdpartysoftware atdownload kbhowto kbfaq kbsurveynew kbprb kbcip kbvideocontent KB968916