How to fix the Cooliris add-on and Internet Explorer 8 incompatibility
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
You see a dialog informing that the ‘CoolIris’ add-on can cause Internet Explorer to crash or to stop responding.
Internet Explorer 8 is in a special no-add-ons mode so that you can fix a compatibility problem with a specific version of the Cooliris software.This incompatibility will cause Internet Explorer 8 to stop responding or crash.
To fix this incompatibility, you have two options.
Option 1: Update to the latest version of CoolirisTo update to the latest Cooliris, follow these steps:
- Visit the Cooliris Web site to download and install the latest version of Cooliris. This will resolve this issue.
- Close all Internet Explorer windows after you install the update to get out of no-add-ons mode.
Option 2: Disable the add-onIf you do not want to use Cooliris in Internet Explorer 8, follow these steps to disable the add-on:
- Close all Internet Explorer windows.
- Open a new Internet Explorer window. You will see a dialog informing you that the ‘CoolIris’ add-on can cause Internet Explorer to crash or to stop responding.
- Click Always open Internet Explorer without this add-on.
For more information on browser add-ons, refer to these Microsoft Web sites:
- How do browser add-ons affect my computer?
- Using the Internet Explorer 8 Add-on Manager
- Why does Internet Explorer block some ActiveX controls?
- Should I install ActiveX controls?
- Internet Explorer add-ons: frequently asked questions
Article ID: 969057 - Last Review: 09/28/2011 07:48:00 - Revision: 3.0
Windows Internet Explorer 9, Windows Internet Explorer 8
- kbaddin kb3rdparty kbsurveynew kbhowto KB969057