Outlook crashes when you try to use Outlook to view e-mail messages that are arranged by subject in Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario.
- You set the current location to Hungary on a Windows Server 2008-based server that is running Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
- Microsoft Office 2007 is configured to use Hungarian (Hungary) in the Microsoft Office 2007 Language Settings tool.
- Outlook is configured to connect to the Exchange Server 2007 SP1 mailbox in online mode.
- There are more than 500 messages in the Inbox folder of your mailbox.
In this scenario, Outlook crashes when you try to use Outlook to view e-mail messages that are arranged by subject.
This issue occurs because of a bug in Windows Server 2008 for processing the Hungarian language. Exchange Server 2007 SP1 uses a related function. This results in the problem.
To resolve this problem, install the hotfix that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base (KB) article 955612 and install Update Rollup 9 for Exchange 2007 Service Pack 1.
For more information about Update Rollup 9 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1, see the following Exchange Help topic:
For more information about how to obtain the latest Exchange service pack or update rollup, see the following Exchange Help topic:
The "LCMapString" function may return incorrect mapping results for some languages in Windows Server 2008 and in Windows Vista
You must install the hotfix that is mentioned in KB 955612 before you install Update Rollup 9 for Exchange 2007 Service Pack 1.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 969324 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 19:50:10 - Revision: 1.1
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 1
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbexpertiseinter kbfix kbqfe KB969324