This article describes how to prevent participants who have access to the presenter URL from manipulating meeting content in Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007.Note
The presenter URL includes the presenter-specific meeting ID and the presenter-specific meeting key (password).
Participants in a Live Meeting 2007-based meeting session who have access to the presenter URL can log on to the meeting as presenters. After they do this, they can manipulate content in the meeting. For example, during a presentation by another presenter, the participants can randomly flip presentation slides, or they can annotate a slide.
You can prevent participants who log on by using the presenter URL from manipulating meeting content in Live Meeting 2007. To do this, use one of the following methods.
- In the Live Meeting 2007-based meeting session, click Lock on the Content menu.
- Select a presenter who has logged on by using the presenter URL. This prevents all presenters other than yourself from manipulating meeting content.
- Presenters who are locked out in this manner can change the Lock setting on the Content menu to reestablish their status as a presenter. Additionally, these presenters can re-enable their ability to manipulate meeting content.
- This method is a less intrusive solution for this issue than method 2. However, this method does not guarantee that other presenters will not manipulate meeting content. To guarantee that other presenters do not manipulate meeting content, see method 2.
- In the meeting settings, regenerate the presenter meeting key. To do this, follow these steps:
- Start Internet Explorer.
- In the address box, type the following, and then press ENTER:
http://www.livemeeting.com/cc/CCNAMENote In this address, CCNAME represents the name of the conference center.
- Log on to the meeting as the meeting organizer.
- In the Upcoming Meetings section, click the current meeting link. Then, click Meeting Options.
- In the Entry Control, Presenters section, click to select the Generate a new Entry Code check box, and then click OK.
- Resend the original attendee meeting key to all the required attendees.
- In the Live Meeting 2007-based meeting session, right-click each presenter on the Attendees menu, click Remove from Meeting, and then click OK.
When you use this method, presenters whom you remove cannot rejoin the meeting because the earlier presenter meeting key no longer works. Instead, the presenters whom you remove have to use the attendee meeting key that you resent in step 2.
Article ID: 970005 - Last Review: January 15, 2015 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Office Live Meeting 2007
|kbnosurvey kbarchive kbhowto kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew vkbportal230 vkbportal107 vkbportal238 KB970005|