Description of the ISA Server 2006 hotfix package: April 21, 2009
This article describes the Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006 hotfix package that is dated April 21, 2009. This hotfix package fixes some issues in ISA Server 2006. For more information about the issues that the hotfix package fixes, click the following article numbers to view the articles in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
- 968380 FIX: A user who enters an empty user name or password on a customized logon form is redirected to the default error page of ISA Server 2006 instead of a customized error page
- 968217 FIX: An error occurs when a Web server reads cookies that are sent from a client through ISA Server 2006
- 970441 FIX: The ISA Server Control service cannot start after you install the MS09-012 update on a computer that is running Windows Server 2003 and that has more than 4 CPU cores
- 969296 FIX: Forms-based authentication in ISA Server 2006 still does not change a password on the second attempt if the user typed inconsistent passwords in the password confirmation of the first attempt
- 968218 FIX: The wspsrv process in ISA Server 2006 randomly crashes and an Application Error event is logged
- 970440 FIX: The ISA Server Firewall service crashes when a third-party Web filter calls the WriteClient function
- 969666 FIX: VPN client access through ISA Server 2006 stops unexpectedly and Event ID 21122 is logged in the Application log
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesYou must have ISA Server 2006 Service Pack 1 installed to apply this hotfix.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
954258 How to obtain the latest Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006 service pack
Restart requirementYou must restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace any other hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Logout_smimecap.htm||Not Applicable||4,608||21-Apr-2009||15:52||Not Applicable|
|Usr_pcode.htm||Not Applicable||6,898||21-Apr-2009||15:52||Not Applicable|
|Usr_pwd.htm||Not Applicable||7,313||21-Apr-2009||15:52||Not Applicable|
|Logout_smimecap.htm||Not Applicable||4,953||21-Apr-2009||15:52||Not Applicable|
|Usr_pwd.htm||Not Applicable||8,604||21-Apr-2009||15:52||Not Applicable|
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 970443 - Last Review: 10/07/2011 20:46:00 - Revision: 2.0
Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration Server 2006 Service Pack 1
- kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbqfe KB970443