Issues that are fixed in Project Portfolio Server 2007 Service Pack 2
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Microsoft has released Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) for Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007.
Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) provides the latest updates to Project Portfolio Server 2007. Project Portfolio Server 2007 SP2 contains security improvements, stability improvements, and performance improvements. Project Portfolio Server 2007 SP2 combines the previously released fixes into one update.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
971205 Description of Project Portfolio Server 2007 Service Pack 2
Note Make sure that Project Portfolio Server 2007 Service Pack 1 is installed before you apply Project Portfolio Server 2007 SP2. For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
942721 Description of Project Portfolio Server 2007 Service Pack 1
This service pack fixes the following issues:
- When you visit the User Management page, you cannot search by logon name or name.
- A custom attribute that is defined by using the granularity field for a year shows the calendar year instead of the fiscal year.
- When you export a custom portfolio, incorrect data is exported. This is because the Unique ID number for a program could be the same as the Unique ID number for a project plan.
- When you export projects to Project Server, Portfolio Server may crash. This is caused by formula-based Project Server custom fields. When SP2 is applied these fields will be skipped to avoid the issue.
- After you import from an Excel spreadsheet, the information section that you see appears with characters such as "<br>" and "ió."
- A red asterisk incorrectly indicates that attributes have to be updated. After you apply SP2, a red asterisk is displayed when a recalculation is actually needed.
- Project-level costs are not updated when resource information is changed at one of the higher organizational levels such as organizations, programs, or portfolios.
- If you set Group By to Programs, you cannot delete a program and you can only lock the program. After you apply SP2, a message will display and indicate that you can delete a program from the originating organization. In this grouping, the program will only be unlinked.
- Numeric attributes are sorted by their string values.
- If you set Group By to Programs and you delete a project, the associated costs and resources are not recalculated for that program.
- You cannot import a project from Project Server if the list of predecessors or successors for any task is more than 100 characters.
- When you edit a plan on the Project Information tab, you may receive an error message that states that a date cannot be represented. This occurs only when the plan is in the approved stage of a workflow.
- When you import data from Excel, you may receive the following error message for an organization where a mapping template is not saved:
List index out of bounds (-1)
- When you export a plan from Project Portfolio Server and the plan is originally imported from Project Server, the constraint type is set incorrectly to Finish no earlier than. After you apply SP2, the constraint type will not change from its original value when the plan is exported.
- The time to display the Optimizer spreadsheet page is very slow. This is because Project Portfolio Server returns values for all projects in an organization instead of only the plans that are selected.
- Comments are not editable in the Impact Matrix dialog box. After you apply SP2, All comment options are removed to reduce confusion.
- When you create a new program, the program is automatically associated to all parent organizations. However, when you edit the program associations, all links to the parent organizations are removed.
- The program manager information is not exported when you export program data from the parent organization.
- Indicators show the color gray if all attributes in a formula are not set. The unknown values for the formula are set to zero. This causes the indicator to display a color value that may be incorrect. This is fixed in SP2. However, for aggregations the behavior is still the same, if one of the child values is not set, Project Portfolio Server uses zero and sum up the other children.
- When you use the Import Wizard to update a plan in Project Portfolio Server, the attributes or indicators that are changed outside Project Portfolio Server are updated correctly in Project Portfolio Server.
- Indicators on a Dashboard do not calculate automatically until you drill into the project plan. After you apply SP2, the attribute will either calculate automatically or display a red asterisk.
- When you edit costs for resources on the Budget tab and then click to convert cost values, the values do not change.
- When you filter on a field that has multiple text values, the result is incorrect.
- The set of special characters that are used in Project Portfolio Server differ from those in Project Server.
- When you set up User Group Management permissions, there is no option to the Change All permissions when you create a security group.
- Support is not available for using 32-bit version of SQL Server 2008 Reporting Services.
- Support is not available for a 32-bit version of Project Portfolio Server 2007 virtual machine on Windows Server 2008 Hyper-V.
- All users are required to enter account and password into the User Preferences dialog box to use the Project Server gateway.
- When you disassociate a project from a portfolio, data may be lost.
- If the date for a phase or milestone is outside the dates for the project, the import to Project Portfolio Server fails. After you apply SP2, the item is imported and the dates for the project are recalculated.
- When you try to edit a calculated financials matrix report, that has 4 or more rows in it, you may receive the following error message:
index out of bounds
- If you remove the association of default indicators from an organization, the project summary report may not display indicator data correctly or at all.
- Project Server has a limit of 255 characters in task names. After you apply SP2, Project Portfolio Server increases the limit from 100 to 255 to match the limit of Project Server.
- Projects may not import from Project Server into Portfolio Server if the task names are not unique. After you apply SP2, Project Portfolio Server removes that requirement.
- Project Server removes trailing spaces but Project Portfolio Server does not. This causes import or export to fail. After you apply SP2, Project Portfolio Server removes leading spaces and trailing spaces also.
- When you edit original availability for the resource pool, the page takes a long time to load because of inefficient HTML overhead.
- When you export a project to Project Server by using a mapping template that has a lookup table custom field, you may receive the following error message if the field uses the same lookup table values as another lookup table:
- You receive an incorrect error message when you install Project Portfolio Server on a Windows Server 2003-based computer that does not have Internet Information Services (IIS) installed.
- Internet Explorer may close when you save an optimizer solution that contains a list attribute that contains lots of values.
- You cannot use a multi-select list control with Internet Explorer 8 and Internet Explorer 7.
- The pick lists in Project Portfolio Server do not have the Smart Select functionality that lets a user enter a letter and then the list shifts to the first entry that matches that letter.
- On the Project Server Gateway page, you must select each project individually to update all projects in a single batch.
Article ID: 971363 - Last Review: 01/15/2015 18:41:14 - Revision: 5.0
Microsoft Office Project Portfolio Server 2007
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew KB971363