When you send an e-mail message from a shared mailbox in Outlook 2007, the sent message is not saved in the Sent Items folder of the shared mailbox
Consider the following scenario:
- You configure the DelegateSentItemsStyleregistry entry for Microsoft Office Outlook 2007.
To do this, you set the DWORD value of the following registry key to 1:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences\DelegateSentItemsStyle
- You open a shared mailbox as an additional mailbox in Outlook 2007.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in WindowsTo resolve this problem, install the Outlook 2007 hotfix package that is dated June 30, 2009 and then set the value for the
DelegateSentItemsStyleregistry entry to enable the hotfix package. To do this, follow these steps:
- Install the Outlook 2007 hotfix package that is dated June 30, 2009.For more information about this hotfix package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:970944 Description of the Outlook 2007 hotfix package (Outlook.msp): June 30, 2009
- Set the value for the DelegateSentItemsStyleregistry entry to enable the hotfix.
To have us enable the hotfix for you, go to the "Here's an easy fix" section. If you prefer to fix this problem manually, go to the "Let me fix it myself" section.
Here's an easy fixTo fix this problem automatically, click the Download button. In the File Download dialog box, click Run or Open, and then follow the steps in the easy fix wizard.
- This wizard may be in English only. However, the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows.
- If you’re not on the computer that has the problem, save the easy fix solution to a flash drive or a CD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
Let me fix it myselfEasy fix 50752
To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey:HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Office\12.0\Outlook\Preferences
- On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Type DelegateSentItemsStyle, and then press ENTER.
- Right-click DelegateSentItemsStyle, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- Exit Registry Editor.
http://office.microsoft.com/en-us/outlook-help/redir/HP001232935.aspx?queryid=cde1b9af5cc1430a8e0adaafea0c67aa&respos=0&CTT=1Note If you must use Outlook in Online mode and if your mailbox is located on an Exchange Server 2010 server, the Exchange administrator can configure similar behavior on the server. Update Rollup 4 for Exchange Server 2010 Service Pack 2 introduces a new Exchange PowerShell cmdlet to configure which Sent Items folder a message is copied to. Because this new feature is handled by the Exchange server, Outlook can be configured for either Online or Cached Exchange mode. However, the Exchange server feature only works if the Outlook DelegateSentItemsStyle registry value is disabled..
For more information about the Set-MailboxSentItemsConfiguration cmdlet, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
2632409 Messages sent by using the "Send As" and "Send on behalf" permissions are only copied to the Sent Items folder of the sender in an Exchange Server 2010 environment
Did this fix the problem?Check whether the problem is fixed. If the problem is fixed, you are finished with this section. If the problem is not fixed, you can contact support.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
fixit fix it fixme
Article ID: 972148 - Last Review: 09/25/2015 09:10:00 - Revision: 7.0
Microsoft Office Outlook 2007
- kbexpertiseinter kbqfe kbsurveynew kbmsifixme kbfixme KB972148