This article describes Windows Vista support boundaries for the General Assist support team for Netflix in Windows Vista.
Both Netflix and Microsoft support Netflix on Windows Vista Media Center. Each company supports different sections of the Netflix experience to provide the best support experience possible. The following information summarizes the areas of support that are covered by each company.
Netflix in Windows Media Center
The Netflix in Windows Media Center application is available for Windows Vista or TV Pack users in the United States only. The Netflix in Windows Media Center application requires a Netflix subscription. The application released on May 20, 2009 and requires installation. The application has two separate parts, a Media Center Markup Language (MCML) browsing experience and a Silverlight-powered playback experience. When the user is in playback, they are looking at the Netflix Web site hosted in Media Center. The Netflix Web site displays Silverlight seekbar and navigation controls when it is necessary. Therefore, these controls do not behave as they do in the core product.
The Netflix installation tile is displayed to the left of Recorded TV
in the TV+Movies
strip of Media Center.
The following two sections are divided between Netflix support and Microsoft Consumer support boundaries.
For support for the following topics, please contact Netflix Support. For information about how to contact Netflix Support, visit the following Netflix Web site:
Netflix account setup
How to create a Netflix account
Netflix Instant Watch service usage and availability
- All items that are related to DVD delivery and other Netflix services
- Questions about Internet connection speed and video quality
- Troubleshooting Instant Watch queue content that is not available or that is not streaming
- Availability of Instant Watch content and service
- Management of your Instant Watch queue
- All questions that relate to billing for your Netflix account
- What is included with each Netflix plan
- How to cancel a Netflix subscription
Microsoft Consumer Support
For support for the following topics, please contact Microsoft Consumer Support. For information about contacting Microsoft Consumer Support, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Netflix installation package for Media Center
Consumer support will support the download and installation of the Netflix Media Center installation package from the Microsoft Download Center:
- Consumer Support General Assist will support the installation of Silverlight within the confines of the Netflix for Vista installation package
- Consumer support will verify that Silverlight is working on the customer's computer
Netflix Media Center user interface
- Consumer support will verify that the Netflix Media Center user interface is working correctly, determine where it can be started, and verify that the user interface is active.
Note Support for the Netflix Media Center user interface is limited to determining that it is working correctly. This does not include the usability of the Netflix Media Center user interface.
- Consumer support will not support password or Netflix account-related issues. These issues will be redirected to Netflix support.
- Consumer support will verify that Media Center is working correctly and can access the Internet.
- Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.
The third-party products that this article discusses are manufactured by companies that are independent of Microsoft. Microsoft makes no warranty, implied or otherwise, about the performance or reliability of these products.
Microsoft provides third-party contact information to help you find technical support. This contact information may change without notice. Microsoft does not guarantee the accuracy of this third-party contact information.