You cannot view a clear-signed e-mail message in Exchange Server 2007 SP2 when you open the message by using a non-MAPI client
Consider the following scenario:
- In a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) environment, you configure a transport rule for all e-mail messages that are sent to recipients who are outside an organization.
- You set the transport rule by selecting append disclaimer text using font, size, color, with separator and fallback to action if unable to apply in the New Transport Rule window.
- You send a clear-signed e-mail message to a recipient who is outside the organization.
- The recipient opens the e-mail message by using a non-MAPI client.
In this scenario, the recipient cannot view the content of the e-mail message. Instead, the recipient receives the e-mail message together with a "Winmail.dat" attachment.
To resolve this problem, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 1 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2
After you apply this hotfix, run the following command in Exchange Management Shell:
set-transportconfig -ConvertdisclaimerToEML: $true
For more information about clear-signed e-mail messages, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 972357 - Last Review: 11/19/2009 20:34:54 - Revision: 1.2
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2
- kbexpertiseinter kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbqfe KB972357