A hotfix is available that enables support for Health Insurance Portability and Accountability Act (HIPAA) 5010 standards in BizTalk Server 2009. This hotfix includes HIPAA 5010 compliant schemas that you can build and deploy in your BizTalk Electronic Data Interchange (EDI) application.
This hotfix also includes updates that fix an issue with EDI components. When you use a "multiple" schema type to try to split an EDI document that contains multiple sub-documents, the XML files that are generated are much larger than expected. Therefore, system performance when BizTalk Server processes large EDI documents is severely decreased.
Information about HIPAA standards
For an introduction to HIPPA Version 5010 standards and to BizTalk Server 2009 support for these standards, see the following information from the hotfix release notes:
HIPAA Version 5010 standardsVersion 5010 of the HIPAA standards includes improvements in structural, front matter, technical, and data content (such as improved eligibility responses and better search options). It is more specific in requiring the data that is needed, collected, and transmitted in a transaction (such as tightened, clear situational rules, and in misunderstood areas such as corrections and reversals, refund processing, and recoupments). Further, the new claims transaction standard contains significant improvements for the reporting of clinical data, enabling the reporting of ICD–10–CM diagnosis codes and ICD–10–PCS procedure codes, and distinguishes between principal diagnosis, admitting diagnosis, external cause of injury and patient reason for visit codes. These distinctions will improve the understanding of clinical data and enable better monitoring of mortality rates for certain illnesses, outcomes for specific treatment options, and hospital length of stay for certain conditions, as well as the clinical reasons for why the patient sought hospital care. Finally, Version 5010 also addresses a variety of currently unmet business needs, including an indicator on institutional claims for conditions that were "present on admission," and accommodating the use of the ICD-10 code sets, which are not supported by Version 4010/4010A1.
BizTalk Server 2009 supports the HIPAA 5010 and ICD-10 requirementsBizTalk Server 2009 Microsoft’s supports the required HIPAA 5010 schemas and also the previous 4010A1 schemas. It also supports the ability to identify the ICD-9 and ICD-10 codes within the schemas. Microsoft has been working with partners to develop an end-to-end “HIPAA Compliance and Business Processing Solution” that will facilitate 5010 compliance while enabling comprehensive and integrated business process automation, management, and reporting that can be extended to other desktop and server components such as Microsoft Office, SharePoint, etc.
For more information, refer to the following file that is contained in this hotfix package:
Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009 Support for HIPAA 5010-Release Notes.docx
Cumulative updated information
For BizTalk Server 2009, the hotfix that resolves this issue is included in Cumulative Update 1 for BizTalk Server 2009.
For more information about how to obtain the cumulative update package, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Cumulative update package 1 for BizTalk Server 2009
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problem described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
You must have BizTalk Server 2009 installed to apply this hotfix.
You do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement information
This hotfix does not replace other hotfixes.
The English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time
item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Before you install the hotfix, back up the following files:
- Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BaseArtifacts.dll, Microsoft.BizTalk.MessageCore.dll and Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.Shared.dll are located at <Drive:>\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009.
- Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.PipelineComponents.dll is located at <Drive:>\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009\Pipeline Components.
To install this hotfix, follow these steps:
- Extract the hotfix package, and run the Setup.exe file.
- In the BizTalk Server Administration Console, expand BizTalk Server 2009 Administration, expand BizTalk Group, expand Applications, expand BizTalk EDI Application, expand Resources, and then remove the Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BaseArtifacts assembly from this directory.
- Restart the BizTalk host instance.
- In the same Resources directory that was mentioned in step 2, right-click Resources, click Add, and then click BizTalk Assemblies.
- In the Add Resources dialog box, click Add, and then browse to the following directory:
<Drive:>\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009
- In this directory, double-click the Microsoft.BizTalk.Edi.BaseArtifacts.dll file.
- Restart the BizTalk host instance.
- Run the MicrosoftEdiXSDTemplatesKb973415.exe file that is in this hotfix package to self-extract the latest set of HIPAA5010-compliant schemas. Save them to the following suggested directory:
<Drive:>\Program Files\Microsoft BizTalk Server 2009\XSD_Schema\EDI
- You can then follow the standard procedure for building and deploying schemas.
For more information, refer to the Readme.txt file that is contained in this hotfix package.
- In HIPAA 4010 schemas, elements of the X12_R type are not checked for minimum and maximum lengths. However, HIPAA 5010 guarantees that minimum and maximum lengths are checked.
- The ST03 elements in the following schemas are not supposed to be changed because their values are used to identify the correct variant schemas:
This is a HIPAA 5010 standard.
- 837 variants (I, P, D)
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.