Article ID: 973973 - View products that this article applies to.
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
RAPID PUBLISHING ARTICLES PROVIDE INFORMATION DIRECTLY FROM WITHIN THE MICROSOFT SUPPORT ORGANIZATION. THE INFORMATION CONTAINED HEREIN IS CREATED IN RESPONSE TO EMERGING OR UNIQUE TOPICS, OR IS INTENDED SUPPLEMENT OTHER KNOWLEDGE BASE INFORMATION.
You upgrade Remote Desktop Web Access to the released version in Windows Server 2008 R2. The link to RD Web Access does not directly bring up the web page.
When you start RD Web Access, you may see one or more of the following issues:
1. Issue 1: The link takes you to the default “Internet Explorer could not load this page” error.
2. Issue 2: You see the following error:
Could not load file or assembly 'tsportalwebpart (1)' or one of its dependencies.
This happens when you upgrade from the RC or IDS version to the RTM version of WS08 R2.
For issue 1: To resolve this issue, you must do the following:
• Change the deployed certificate
To do this, follow these steps:
1. In Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager, expand Default Web Sites in the left side pane.
2. In the right side pane, click Bindings.
3. Double-click the HTTPS box that appears in the dialog box.
4. In the next dialog box that appears, a certificate is selected in the SSL section. Click to on the dropdown list of certificates, and then click to select the other certificate that is shown.
5. Exit IIS Manager.
For issue 2: To resolve this issue, do one the following:
• Delete the tsportalwebpart (1).dll file
• Alternately, you can rename the tsportalwebpart(1).dll to any extension other than a .dll (for eg. tsportalwebpart(1).bak).
(The tsportalwebpart(1).dll file can be found at %WINDIR%\Web\RDWeb\Pages\Bin)
MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES ABOUT THE SUITABILITY, RELIABILITY OR ACCURACY OF THE INFORMATION CONTAINED IN THE DOCUMENTS AND RELATED GRAPHICS PUBLISHED ON THIS WEBSITE (THE “MATERIALS”) FOR ANY PURPOSE. THE MATERIALS MAY INCLUDE TECHNICAL INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS AND MAY BE REVISED AT ANY TIME WITHOUT NOTICE.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.