Htm/html attachments that contain malicious scripts can be opened in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
To add the "BlockedAttachmentsForDownload" setting to the "Deployment" properties in the Configuration database (MSCRM_CONFIG), extract the tool from the UR6 Server package using the command prompt:
or Example: CRMv4.0-KB970148-amd64-Server-ENU.exe /x or CRMv4.0-KB970148-i386-Server-ENU.exe /x
In the "Tools" folder, copy the Microsoft.Crm.DeploymentConfigTool.exe file from the extracted files into the "Tools" directory on the CRM Server under:
C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics CRM\Tools
Open a command prompt and change directories to the Tools directory using the command:
cd C:\Program Files\Microsoft DynamicsvCRM\Tools
Then, run the following command at the command prompt:
If you modify the "BlockedAttachmentsForDownload" on the server, you also have to create a "BlockedAttachmentsForDownload" registry key on each "Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook" computer. Complete the following steps to create the registry key on each computer that is using Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook:
- Click Start, click Run, type 'regedit', and then click OK.
- Locate the following registry subkey:HKCU\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRMClient
- Right-click MSCRMClient, point to New, and then click "String Value".
- Type BlockedAttachmentsForDownload.
- Right-click BlockedAttachmentsForDownload, click Modify and then enter the same string of values that you have for "BlockedAttachmentsForDownload" in the Deployment Properties table (like above).
Article ID: 974597 - Last Review: 10/31/2011 06:36:00 - Revision: 5.0
- kbsurveynew kbmbsmigrate kbqfe KB974597