The application that hosts a WebBrowser control crashes when you use a custom MIME filter on a computer that has Internet Explorer installed
Consider the following scenario on a computer that has Windows Internet Explorer 6, Windows Internet Explorer 7, or Windows Internet Explorer 8 installed:
- You run an application that hosts a WebBrowser control.
Note The WebBrowser control is implemented by using the IWebBrowser2 interface.
- You use a custom MIME filter.
- The MIME filter returns the NET_E_USE_DEFAULT_PROTOCOLHANDLER HRESULT in the IInternetProtocolRoot::Start implementation of the application.
In this scenario, the application crashes when the urlmon.dll::OnInetInternalCallback
function is called.
Security update information
To resolve this problem, install the most recent cumulative security update for Windows Internet Explorer. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more technical information about the most recent cumulative security update for Windows Internet Explorer, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
This update was first included in security update 978207 (MS10-002). For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
MS10-002: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer
For more information about the IWebBrowser2
interface, visit the following Microsoft Developer Network (MSDN) Web site:
For more information about the IInternetProtocolRoot
interface, visit the following MSDN Web site:
For more information about how to handle MIME types in Internet Explorer, visit the following MSDN Web site:
Article ID: 975169 - Last Review: 10/13/2009 17:18:24 - Revision: 1.1
- Windows Internet Explorer 8
- Windows Internet Explorer 7
- Microsoft Internet Explorer 6.0
- atdownload kbexpertiseinter kbbug kbprb kbsurveynew kbqfe KB975169