You receive an HTTP Error 403 page when you access the Reporting Services virtual directory for System Center Operations Manager 2007 after you upgrade to Windows Server 2008
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
Consider the following scenario:
- You are running Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 on a computer that is running Windows Server 2003.
- Your installation of Operation Manager 2007 uses Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services for reporting functionality.
- You upgrade the system from Windows Server 2003 to Windows Server 2008.
- You try to access the Reporting Services virtual directory (http://localhost/reportserver).
In this scenario, you receive an HTTP Error 403 page.Note
This problem occurs only on an upgrade installation of Windows Server 2008. It does not occur on a clean installation of Windows Server 2008.
To resolve this problem, follow these steps:
- Open Internet Information Services (IIS) Manager.
- Click the ReportServer virtual directory.
Note If you specified a different name for this virtual directory installation or configuration, click the appropriate virtual directory.
- In the Features view of the ReportServer virtual directory, click Handler Mappings.
- In the mappings list, right-click the first item under Enabled, and then click Edit Feature Permissions.
- Click to select the Script check box, and then click OK.
- Restart the Reporting Services service.
reporting services 2008 scom 2007 upgrade to windows 2008 403 403.1
Article ID: 975439 - Last Review: 01/16/2015 04:05:24 - Revision: 2.0
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 Service Pack 1
- Microsoft Internet Information Services 6.0
- Microsoft SQL Server 2005 Reporting Services
- kbnosurvey kbarchive kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB975439