Description of cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2: October 2009
This article describes the following items about the update package:
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issues that this update package fixesThis update package fixes the following issues:
- The license expiration date for Office Communications Server (OCS) 2007 R2 Evaluation Edition was calculated incorrectly. This causes OCS 2007 R2 Evaluation Edition to expire on July 13, 2009. This update fixes the license expiration date calculation for the OCS 2007 R2 Evaluation Edition. By downloading this update, the expiration date will be calculated correctly, based on the installation date of the server.
- Earlier updates of OCS 2007 R2 required Microsoft Message Queuing to be installed on OCS 2007 R2 Enterprise Edition Distributed – Front End or the OCS 2007 R2 Standard Edition. This update removes that requirement.
- The RTC Media Relay driver in OCS Edge Server has also been updated this update.
Update package information
By using Microsoft UpdateTo obtain this update, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Microsoft Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Server.msp package now.
Release Date: October 2009
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
By contacting supportA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problems that are described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesThe fixes in the update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2 take effect only if the following update for Office Communication Server 2007 R2 core components is also applied together with the update that is described in this article. Therefore, the fixes are split between two updates that include the following update:
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update package.
Hotfix replacement informationThis update package replaces the following update package:
Registry informationTo use one of the update packages in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationTo install this update package, install the OCS2007-KB975611-amd64-Server.msp package on computers in your network that are running the following platforms:
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2– Standard Edition Server
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2– Enterprise Edition Consolidated
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Enterprise Edition Distributed – Front End
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Edge Server
Would you like to install this device software?
Always trust software from "Microsoft Corporation".
[Install] [Don't Install]
You should only install driver software from publishers you trust. How can I decide which device software is safe to install?
File informationThis hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|File_abserver.exe.config||Not Applicable||1,541||21-Oct-2009||18:24||Not Applicable|
Removal informationTo remove this update package, use the Add or Remove Programs feature in Control Panel.
Note When you uninstall this update, the Office Communications Server Monitoring Agent (RTCQmsAgent) stops. You must manually restart RTCQmsAgent after you uninstall this update.
Note You cannot uninstall the RTC Media Relay driver. All other binaries that are installed by the update are rolled back to the earlier version when you uninstall this update. However, the RTC Media Relay driver (Rtcmrdrv.sys) in %Windir%\System32\Drivers is not rolled back.
Additionally, when you try to uninstall the update package, you may be prompted for the source CD. If you are prompted for the source CD, insert the source CD. Or, provide the path of the location.
Article ID: 975611 - Last Review: 12/10/2009 23:33:11 - Revision: 2.0
- kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbqfe kbhotfixrollup kbautohotfix kbhotfixserver KB975611