Microsoft Download Center
The following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:Download the Ocscore.msp package now.
Release Date: October 2009
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
How to obtain Microsoft support files from online services
Microsoft scanned this file for viruses. Microsoft used the most current virus-detection software that was available on the date that the file was posted. The file is stored on security-enhanced servers that help prevent any unauthorized changes to the file.
By contacting support
A supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problems described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix. Note
If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note
The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
There are no prerequisites for installing this update package.
The following list contains prerequisites for the update package:
- The fixes in the update for Core Components will take effect only if the following update for Office Communication Server 2007 R2 is also applied, together with the update that is described in this article.
Description of Cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2: October 2009
You do not have to restart the computer after you apply this update package.
Hotfix replacement information
This update package replaces the following update package:
Description of the update package for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Core Components: July 2009
To use one of the update packages in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation information
To install this update package, install the OCS2007-KB975613-amd64-OCSCore.msp package on computers in your network that are running the following platforms:
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2– Standard Edition Server
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2– Enterprise Edition Consolidated
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Enterprise Edition Distributed – Front End
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Enterprise Edition Distributed – Web Conferencing MCU
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Enterprise Edition Distributed – Audio Video Conferencing MCU
- Office Communications Server – Enterprise Edition Distributed – Application Sharing MCU
- Office Communications Server – Enterprise Edition Distributed – Web Components Server
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Edge Server
- Office Communications Server 2007 R2 – Mediation Server
- Office Communications Server – Communicator Web Access
- Office Communications Server – Monitoring Server
- Office Communications Server – Administration Tools
An x86-based package is also available. Install the OCS2007-KB975613-x86-OCSCore.msp package on the computers in your network that are running the following platforms:
- Office Communications Server – Administration Tools, x86-based
When you apply this update on servers that run Windows 2008 and have the User Account Control (UAC) enabled, make sure that you start the installation of the update file (.msp) by using the elevated command prompt. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then right-click Command Prompt.
- Click Run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password, or provide confirmation.
- Start the update (.msp) at the command prompt.
To remove this update package, use the Add or Remove Programs
item in Control Panel.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall the update package, you are prompted for the source CD. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD, or provide the path where the source files can be found.
This hotfix may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This hotfix contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
The global version of this update package uses a Microsoft Windows Installer package to install the update package. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) in the following table. When you view the file information, the date is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone
tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|File_dbcommon.sql||Not Applicable||20,226||21-Oct-2009||18:25||Not Applicable|
|File_dbrtc.sql||Not Applicable||1,087,627||21-Oct-2009||18:25||Not Applicable|
|File_dbsetup.wsf||Not Applicable||108,515||21-Oct-2009||18:25||Not Applicable|
|File_default.tmx||Not Applicable||10,058,398||21-Oct-2009||18:25||Not Applicable|