Description of the cumulative update package for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Communicator Web Access: April 2010
- The issues that the update package fixes.
- The prerequisites for installing the update package.
- Whether you must restart the computer after you install the update package.
- Whether the update package is replaced by any other update package.
- Whether you must make any registry changes.
- The files that the update package contains.
Issues that this update package fixesThis update package fixes the following issues:
- 975899 Desktop sharing and application sharing does not work in conferences when you use Office Communicator Web Access 2007 R2
- 978365 Office Communicator Web Access Application Sharing does not work for internal users
- 978373 The Dial-in Conferencing Settings page in Office Communicator Web Access 2007 R2 prompts you to enter a PIN that is at least 5 digits even if the PIN length policy is set to use a PIN that is less than 5 digits
- 981248 You cannot install Office Communicator Web Access Plug-in in Windows Vista, in Windows 7 and in Windows Server 2008 R2
- 972724 The dial-in conferencing page for a conference that is hosted on Office Communications Server 2007 R2 does not provide enough information in error situations
- 972711 Anonymous users can send IM messages under the display name of authenticated users in Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2
- 972712 Communicator Web Access 2007 R2 does not honor the ordering of the normalization rules in the location profile in Office Communications Server 2007 R2
- 972708 The "Dial-in Conferencing Settings" Web page in Communicator Web Access in Office Communications Server 2007 cannot display the contents in your preferred language
- 968805 The Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Dial-in Conferencing Settings page will not display the user's conference ID when the global meeting policy is set to disallow anonymous users
- 968807 When a Communications Server (OCS) 2007 user clicks an OCS 2007 R2 audio conference join link, the user receives an incorrect error message
- 968939 A Communicator Web Access user who joins a conference as a federated user cannot share the computer desktop in Office Communications Server 2007 R2
- 968945 When a user uses Office Communicator (OC) or Communicator Web Access (CWA) to send an IM message to a federated or Public IM Connectivity user, OC or CWA may give an incorrect notification of the IM delivery status
- 968946 The selected language is not used when a user on a localized version of Communications Server 2007 R2 signs in to the dial-in conferencing page by using Integrated Windows Authentication and then selects a language from the drop-down list
- 968947 The logo at the top of the Communications Server 2007 R2 Dial-in Conferencing Settings page is only in English, even after the Communicator Web Access language pack is installed
- 969004 Users who have special characters in their names cannot sign in to the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Dial-in Conferencing Settings page
Update package information
Microsoft Download CenterThe following file is available for download from the Microsoft Download Center:
Download the Cwamain.msp package now.
Release Date: April 2010
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
By contacting supportA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problems that are described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing the problems described in this article. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, contact Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo use a manual method to apply the Office Communications Server 2007 R2 April 10 cumulative updates, you must apply the correct prerequisites before you apply the cumulative update for a specific Office Communications Server 2007 R2 server component. The Office Communications Server 2007 R2 server component and the list of prerequisite updates that it requires before installation of its specific Office Communications Server 2007 R2 April 10 cumulative update are as follows.
Communications Server 2007 R2 – Communicator Web Access
- 976657 Description of the cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Unified Communications Managed API 2.0 Core Redist 64-bit: April 2010
- 977343 Description of the cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Core Components: January 2010
Restart requirementYou are prompted to restart the server at the end of the installation of the update.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix package replaces hotfix package 969824.
- 969824 Description of the update package for Office Communications Server 2007 R2, Communicator Web Access: July 2009
Registry informationTo use one of the update packages in this package, you do not have to make any changes to the registry.
Update package installation informationTo install this update package, install the OCS2007-KB975614-amd64-CWA.msp package on computers that are running Communicator Web Access 2007 R2.
Note When you apply this update on servers that are running Windows Server 2008 and have the User Account Control (UAC) enabled, make sure that you start the installation of the update (.msp) by using the elevated Command Prompt. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, click All Programs, click Accessories, and then right-click Command Prompt.
- Click Run as administrator. If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
- Start the update (.msp).
Removal informationTo remove this update package, use the Add or Remove Programs feature in Control Panel.
Sometimes, when you try to uninstall the update package, you are prompted for the source CD. If this behavior occurs, insert the source CD, or provide the path where the source files can be found.
File informationThis update may not contain all the files that you must have to fully update a product to the latest build. This update contains only the files that you must have to correct the issues that are listed in this article.
After the update is installed, the global version of this update has the file attributes, or a later version of the file attributes, that are listed in the following table:
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Article ID: 975614 - Last Review: 10/06/2011 18:03:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbqfe kbhotfixrollup kbautohotfix kbHotfixServer KB975614