Consider the following scenario on a computer that is running Windows Vista or Windows 7:
- You have the Full Control permission for a folder.
- The folder contains a subfolder or a file for which you do not have access permission.
- You try to change the security settings for the folder. For example, you try to remove a user's permissions from the folder.
In this scenario, you receive the following error message when you apply the changes.
An error occurred while applying security information to: <folder>
Access is denied.
However, if you click Continue
in the message box, the setting changes are made successfully.
You can ignore this message because the changes can be applied.
Article ID: 975702 - Last Review: October 23, 2009 - Revision: 1.0
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Windows 7 Home Basic
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Starter
- Windows 7 Ultimate
- Windows Vista Business
- Windows Vista Enterprise
- Windows Vista Home Basic
- Windows Vista Home Premium
- Windows Vista Starter
- Windows Vista Ultimate
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 R2 Standard
- Windows Server 2008 for Itanium-Based Systems
- Windows Server 2008 Datacenter
- Windows Server 2008 Enterprise
- Windows Server 2008 Standard
|kbexpertisebeginner kbtshoot kbsurveynew kbprb KB975702|