Warning message when you run the Update-AddressList cmdlet in Exchange Management Shell on Exchange Server 2007: "Failed to update recipient"
Failed to update recipient "domain/OU/user". The following exception occurred: Active Directory operation failed on DC_name. This error is not retriable. Additional information: The name reference is invalid.
This may be caused by replication latency between Active Directory domain controllers.
Active directory response: 000020B5: AtrErr: DSID-03152392, #1:
0: 000020B5: DSID-03152392, problem 1005 (CONSTRAINT_ATT_TYPE), data 0, Att 90284 (showInAddressBook)
- You use the [-DomainController Fqdn] parameter to specify a target domain controller when you run the Update-AddressList cmdlet.
- AD replication has not completed for the target DC.
- The Update-addresslist task connects to a different DC.
For more information about the Update-AddressList cmdlet, visit the following TechNet Web page:
For Exchange Server 2003For more information about how to resolve this issue for Exchange Server 2003, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesThe following list contains prerequisites for the update rollup:
- You need to have Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2 installed to install this update rollup. For more information about how to obtain the latest Exchange Server 2007 service pack, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:937052 How to obtain the latest service pack or update rollup for Exchange 2007
Article ID: 976107 - Last Review: 01/22/2010 22:29:19 - Revision: 1.0
- kbsurveynew atdownload kbfix kbhotfixrollup KB976107