You cannot assign roles to a user even though you have the Assign Role privilege in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
Assume that your user account is in admin mode in Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. Additionally, you have the Assign Role privilege. However, you cannot assign roles to a user who has more privileges than you.
Important This section, method, or task contains steps that tell you how to modify the registry. However, serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly. Therefore, make sure that you follow these steps carefully. For added protection, back up the registry before you modify it. Then, you can restore the registry if a problem occurs. For more information about how to back up and restore the registry, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
322756 How to back up and restore the registry in Windows XP and Windows Vista
This problem is fixed in the latest cumulative update rollup for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0.
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
949256 Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 updates and hotfixes
To enable this hotfix, follow these steps:
- On the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 server, click Start, click Run, type regedit, and then click OK.
- Locate and then click the following registry subkey: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\MSCRM
- Right-click MSCRM, point to New, and then click DWORD Value.
- Name this DWORD value AllowRoleAssignInAdminMode.
- Right-click AllowRoleAssignInAdminMode, and then click Modify.
- In the Value data box, type 1, and then click OK.
- On the File menu, click Exit.
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updatesFor more information about Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
887283 Microsoft Business Solutions CRM software hotfix and update package naming standards
Article ID: 976188 - Last Review: 02/11/2010 16:55:19 - Revision: 2.1
Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0
- kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbmbsmigrate kbqfe KB976188