Issues may occur in Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook after you install Update Rollup 7 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 or the November 2009 Service Update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online
For more information about Update Rollup 7 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
For more information about the November 2009 Service for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Issues that may occur after you install Update Rollup 7 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 or the November 2009 Service Update for Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online.
- The debug assertion fails when you configure Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook, and then you remove the Microsoft Dynamics CRM role from the user.Note You can restore a Microsoft Dynamics CRM role to the user to resolve the problem.
- When you disable the CRM toolbar in the Manage COM Addins dialog box in Outlook, the CRM toolbar is still available. However, it does not respond to any actions.
- The View in CRM button is not enabled immediately after you click Track in CRM. Therefore, you must close the form and reopen it to view the record in Microsoft Dynamics CRM.
- If you track a contact, and then you edit it in the Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 client for Microsoft Office Outlook, the icon of the contact is displayed as the icon of a standard Microsoft Office Outlook contact until either you synchronize the contact with Microsoft Dynamics CRM or the background synchronization runs.
- If Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook is installed but not configured, or if you are connecting to an organization other than the organization for which Microsoft Dynamics CRM for Microsoft Office Outlook is configured, you receive the following warning message in Internet Explorer:Internet explorer has blocked this site from using an ActiveX control in an unsafe manner.Note You can safely ignore this message and allow blocked content.
- The Microsoft Dynamics CRM icon does not appear in the task bar in Windows 7.
Note To display the icon, click the white arrow in the notification area, click Customize, select Show icon and notifications for Microsoft CRM Web Service Hoster, and then click OK.
- If you set a record to "regarding" in Microsoft Office Outlook when you synchronize with Microsoft Dynamics CRM, you will receive an error as expected. This occurs because you cannot promote e-mail messages when manual sync is running. However, the e-mail inspector and the preview panes are updated by using the regarding record. In Microsoft Dynamics CRM, these e-mail messages are not updated by using the regarding record.Note To correct this issue, you have to unpromote the e-mail messages that were set incorrectly. In Outlook, click Track in CRM, and then click Yes to delete the record. Wait for the manual synchronization to finish. Then, you can track the record in CRM again.
Article ID: 976539 - Last Review: 11/02/2009 15:01:40 - Revision: 2.0
- kbexpertiseinter kbqfe kbmbsmigrate KB976539