MS10-024: Description of the security update for Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2: April 13, 2010
Microsoft has released security bulletin MS10-024. To view the complete security bulletin, visit one of the following Microsoft Web sites:
- Home users:Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update Web site now:
- IT professionals:
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware:Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country: International Support
Known issues with this security update
- When you install the Japanese version of this security update, you may notice that the installation dialog box contains some Japanese text and some English text.
Note This problem does not affect the functionality of the security update. This is only a problem with the appearance of the installation dialog box.
- Expected behavior: When you install this security update by using the /nobackup switch, you expect the following results:
- A backup folder is not created.
- No Remove button is made available in the Add or Remove Programs item in Control Panel.
The English (United States) version of this software update installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time and with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
|Exhotfix.cdf||Not Applicable||2,508||18-Mar-2010||00:38||Not Applicable|
update security_patch security_update security bug flaw vulnerability malicious attacker exploit registry unauthenticated buffer overrun overflow specially-formed scope specially-crafted denial of service DoS TSE
Article ID: 976702 - Last Review: 05/08/2012 22:10:00 - Revision: 4.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 Service Pack 2
- atdownload kbbug kbexpertiseinter kbfix kbsecbulletin kbsecurity kbsecvulnerability kbsurveynew KB976702