A DFSR propagation report logs the following error on a Windows Server 2008 domain controller: "Cannot open test file on the member The network path was not found."
This issue does not affect Windows Server 2008 R2 domain controllers. Additionally, this issue does not affect Windows Server 2008 domain controllers where SYSVOL was migrated with Dfsrmig.exe. Files in SYSVOL will replicate without issue regardless of the domain controller’s operating system version.
- Log on to a Windows Server 2008 domain controller as a domain administrator.
- Click Start , type adsiedit.msc in the Start Search box, right-click adsiedit.msc in the Programs list, and then click Run as administrator.
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation
- In the Active Directory Service Interfaces (ADSI) Edit snap-in, expand the domain node.
- Locate one of the affected domain controllers' SYSVOL Subscription leaf containers. For example: CN=SYSVOL Subscription, CN=Domain System Volume, CN=DFSR-LocalSettings, CN=DC, OU=Domain Controllers, DC=Domain_name, DC=com
- Right-click the CN=SYSVOL Subscription object and then click Properties.
- Click the msDFSR-RootPath attribute and then click Edit.
- Delete the following characters from the path information: \\?\
- Repeat steps 3 to 6 for each affected domain controller.
- Close the ADSI Edit tool.
- Let DFSR active directory polling and active directory replication complete throughout the environment.
- Generate the DFSR propagation report. The report will now complete without errors.
Article ID: 976921 - Last Review: 06/21/2014 13:23:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbdfs kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB976921