Error message when you try to import Microsoft Dynamics CRM Online customizations into a Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0 organization: "Either the file could not be uploaded, or this is not a valid Customization file"
For more information, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
After you install the latest cumulative update rollup for Microsoft Dynamics CRM, you must covert the CRM Online customization file into a CRM 4.0 customization file. To do this, follow these steps:
- Download Update Rollup 7 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0. To do this, visit the following Microsoft Web site: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?displaylang=en&FamilyID=a4893988-7804-4e23-ab58-740441cc696e
- Save the downloaded file to a folder.
- Click Start, click Run, type cmd, and then click OK.
- Change directories to the folder that contains the file for Update Rollup 7 for Microsoft Dynamics CRM 4.0, type CRMv4.0-KB971782-i386-Server-ENU.exe /x, and then press the ENTER key.
- Click Save when you are prompted to save the extracted files.
- Change directories to the Tools/Customizationmigrationprocessor directory. The directory is located where the extracted files were saved in step 5.
- At a command prompt, run the Migrationprocessortool.exe file that is located in the Customizationmigrationprocessor folder. To do this, run the following command:migrationprocessortool Customizationfile
- The Customizationfile placeholder represents the location of the Microsoft CRM Online customization file that you want to process.
- When you run the Migrationprocessortool.exe file, the tool processes the customizations. Then, the tool saves a new file that is named "ProcessedCustomization.xml" in the Customizationmigrationprocessor folder.
- The ProcessedCustomization.xml file contains a new set of customizations.
The 'GetStartedPanePath' attribute is not declared.
The 'GetStartedPanePathOutlook' attribute is not declared.
The 'GetStartedPanePathAdmin' attribute is not declared.
The 'GetStartedPanePathAdminOutlook' attribute is not declared.
When the MigrationProcessor Tool runs, it runs various processors configured in the Processor config file.The current version runs the following processors:
- Visualizations Processor
- Internet Marketing Processor
- Helpvisor Processor
- Homepage Processor
All processors, except the last processor have the IgnoreValidationErrors set to true as the work is not really complete and the validations do not succeed until the last processor succeeds in processing if all processors deal with different aspects of cleanup in the same element.In this case when the Internet Marketing processor completes its job it still has validation failures againt site map xsd as there is still cleanup work needed to be completed by the Help Visor processor and so you get the validation errors.Once the last processor set in the config file runs we do not expect any more validation errors as the set processors have all completed the job of cleaning up.
Article ID: 976978 - Last Review: 01/11/2010 19:31:53 - Revision: 2.0
- kberrmsg kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbmbsmigrate kbqfe KB976978