If you experience one of these issues, try the following methods to resolve the issue.
Method 1: Reset Windows Update components and update your computer
To reset the Windows Update components automatically, click the Fix it
button or link, and then click Run
in the View Download
dialog box. Then, follow the steps in the Fix it wizard. Note
This Fix it Solution has two modes: Default and Aggressive. You should run the Fix it solution in Default mode to see whether it resolves your problem with Windows Update before you run it in Aggressive mode.Note
This wizard may be in English only, but the automatic fix also works for other language versions of Windows. If you are not on the computer that has the problem, save the Fix it solution to a flash drive or a CD or DVD, and then run it on the computer that has the problem.
For more information about how to reset Windows Update components, see the following article:
Method 2: Manually download the update from the download link and install it in clean boot mode
We suggest that you install the updates in clean boot mode to avoid interrupting non-Microsoft programs. To enter clean boot mode on a computer, follow these steps:
- Click the Start button, type msconfig in the Start Search box, and then press Enter. If you are running Windows 8 or Windows 8.1, type msconfig on the Start screen, and then press Enter.
- If you are prompted for an administrator password or for confirmation, type the password or click Continue.
- On the General tab, click Selective Startup.
- Under Selective Startup, clear the Load Startup Items check box.
- Click the Services tab, click to select the Hide All Microsoft Services check box, and then click Disable All.
- Click OK.
- When you are prompted, click Restart.
- After your computer restarts, try to update your computer again.
For more information about this method, see the following article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Perform a clean startup to determine whether background programs are interfering with your game or program
If you are not installing the .NET Framework updates when you receive error code 0x80070643 or 0x643, you may have to collect additional logging information
to troubleshoot your issue. These logs can be reviewed by support professionals or IT professionals to help determine the issue.
If you receive this error when you install Office updates, see Windows Update error 80070643