On a computer that is running Windows 7, you move a Windows XP virtual machine from Microsoft Virtual PC 2007 to Windows Virtual PC. Then, you try to install Windows Virtual PC Integration Component. However, you are prompted to provide the location of the Usbhub.sys system file. If you do not provide the location for this file, the installation rolls back and is then canceled.
To resolve this issue, follow these steps:
- Determine the current service pack level of the guest operating system. To do this, follow these steps:
- Click Start, right-click My Computer, and then click Properties.
- Click the General tab, and then under System, note the service pack level.
- If your Windows XP media has the current service pack included, go to step 2a. If your Windows XP media does not have the current service pack included, go to step 2b.
- Insert your Windows XP media into the CD or DVD drive. When the Integration Component installation prompts you to provide the location of the Usbhub.sys system file, provide the drive letter for the CD or DVD drive.
- Download the appropriate service pack.
To download Windows XP service packs, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
- Use a compression utility, such as WinZip, to extract the service pack to a folder.
- When you are prompted to provide the location of the Usbhub.sys system file, provide the path of the service pack that you extracted.
A sample path resembles the following:
- After the installation is complete, restart the guest operating system.
Article ID: 977285 - Last Review: March 21, 2013 - Revision: 3.0
- Windows 7 Enterprise
- Windows 7 Home Basic
- Windows 7 Home Premium
- Windows 7 Professional
- Windows 7 Ultimate
|kbexpertiseinter kbtshoot kbsurveynew kbprb KB977285|