The "Proxy server name" field is shown incorrectly in Outlook Web Access in an Exchange Server 2007 CAS-to-CAS proxy environment
Consider the following scenario.
- In a Microsoft Office Exchange Server 2007 environment, Client Access server (CAS) servers exist in multiple Active Directory Sites.
- Client-facing servers CAS A1 and CAS A2 are located in Active Directory Site A. CAS servers CAS B1 and CAS B2 are located in Active Directory Site B.
- A load balancer exists in front of the CAS servers in Active Directory Site A. For example, the https://mail.contoso.com URL resolves to a load balancer that proxies HTTPS connections to either of the two CAS servers within Active Directory Site A.
- You have a mailbox that is located on an Exchange Server 2007 mailbox server in Active Directory Site B.
- All CAS servers in Active Directory Site B are configured as nonclient-facing CAS servers. These configurations are set to the NULL value for the ExternalURL property in the OWA virtual directories.
- You try to access your mailbox by using Microsoft Office Outlook Web Access through the https://CASA1.contoso.com/owa URL or through the https://mail.contoso.com/owa URL.
Note The target mailbox and the client-facing CAS servers do not exist in the same Active Directory Site. Therefore, a client-facing CAS server proxies the HTTPS connection to an internal CAS server in Active Directory Site B. In this scenario, the client-facing CAS A1 server proxies the user’s connection to one of the internal CAS servers. Then, the internal CAS server accesses the user’s mailbox in Active Directory Site B.
- Outlook Web Access host address: Provides the URL of the internal CAS server.
- Outlook Web Access Proxy Host Address: Provides the URL that is entered into your Web browser. Frequently, this is the name of the load-balanced array.
- Proxy server name: Provides the fully qualified domain name of the client-facing CAS server.
- Client Access server name: Provides the fully qualified domain name of the internal CAS server.
Article ID: 977425 - Last Review: 01/22/2010 22:29:19 - Revision: 1.0
- kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbhotfixrollup kbsurveynew KB977425