Works: Blank 1000 Separator Causes Errors
This article was previously published under Q97747
This article has been archived. It is offered "as is" and will no longer be updated.
If the International Number Format in the International Settings inthe Windows Control Panel is changed so that the 1000 Separator box isblank, Works for Windows generates the following errors:
- You will get the error message: "Number not valid" when you enter a field width or height greater than zero in the Database form view.
- The Spreadsheet Fill Series command will fill in random numbers.
- In the Spreadsheet, the separator may be a period or a vertical line.
To correct this problem, make the following change:
- From the Windows Control Panel, choose International.
- In the Number Format box, choose Change.
- Enter the character that you'd like to separate thousands with (such as a comma [,]).
Additional references: 2.0 2.0a separates separating down across sizelist square dark wrong incorrect heighth
Article ID: 97747 - Last Review: 10/21/2013 16:59:52 - Revision: 3.0
- Microsoft Works 2.0 Standard Edition
- Microsoft Works 2.0a
- kbnosurvey kbarchive KB97747