You cannot manage OWA, ActiveSync, ECP, or OAB virtual directories from Exchange Management Console in Exchange Server 2010
- You are working in a native Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 environment or in a mixed Exchange Server 2010 and Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 environment.
- You cannot manage the following virtual directories from Exchange Management Console (EMC):
- Outlook Web Access (OWA)
- Exchange Control Panel (ECP)
- When you expand the server configuration list in EMC, you see a list of CAS servers on the right side.
- You try to select an Exchange Server 2007 Client Access Server (CAS) server or an Exchange Server 2010 CAS server.
- When you try to select one of the CAS servers, you discover that it is inaccessible.
The task wasn't able to connect to IIS on the server <CAS server name>. Make sure that the server exists and can be reached from this computer. The RPC server is unavailable. It was running the command 'Get-OwaVirtualDirectory'.
Article ID: 977966 - Last Review: 12/28/2009 10:08:27 - Revision: 1.0
- kbsurveynew kbtshoot kbexpertiseinter KB977966