The Distribution Manager that is in System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 does not honor the "Number of retries" and "Delay before retrying (minutes)" retry settings
Consider the following scenario:
- The distribution point role is installed on a Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) site server.
- You customize the retry settings on the Distribution Point tab for the distribution point. Or, you use the default value for the retry settings.
- A retry is required after a package distribution fails.
Note Before each retry, there is a 10-second delay.
Installation instructionsNote The following hotfix package can be installed on a site server that is running an x86-based version of an operating system or an x64-based version of an operating system:
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem.
If the hotfix is available for download, there is a "Hotfix download available" section at the top of this Knowledge Base article. If this section does not appear, submit a request to Microsoft Customer Service and Support to obtain the hotfix.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site: Note The "Hotfix download available" form displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language, it is because a hotfix is not available for that language.
PrerequisitesTo apply this hotfix, your computer must be running System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2 (SP2) site server. Additionally, the distribution point role must be installed.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace a previously released hotfix.
File informationThe English (United States) version of this hotfix installs files that have the attributes that are listed in the following tables. The dates and the times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). The dates and the times for these files on your local computer are displayed in your local time together with your current daylight saving time (DST) bias. Additionally, the dates and the times may change when you perform certain operations on the files.
System Center Configuration Manager 2007 file information notes
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time||Platform|
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to configure the retry settings on the Distribution Point tab for a distribution point, follow these steps:
- Open the Configuration Manager Console window on a System Center Configuration Manager 2007 SP2 site server.
- Locate the following item: Site Management\<Site name>\Site Settings\Component Configuration
- On the right-side panel, double-click Software Distribution to open its properties dialog box.
- On the Distribution Point tab, you can configure the Retry settings. The default value for the Number of retries setting is 100. The default value for the Delay before retrying (minutes) setting is 30.
Fix: The ConfigMgr 2007 database grows excessively large and DPs do not honor the "Number of retries" and "Delay before retrying (minutes)" retry settingsFor more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
824684 Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 978021 - Last Review: 07/19/2011 17:52:00 - Revision: 3.0
Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 Service Pack 2
- kbqfe kbhotfixserver kbsurveynew kbautohotfix kbexpertiseinter kbbug kbfix KB978021