A hotfix is available that resolves several client-side issues in Visual Studio Team System 2010 Team Foundation Server Beta 2
- Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2010 Team Foundation Server Beta 2
- In the Add Team Foundation Server Wizard, you cannot connect to a TFS server by using a URL that ends with the default "/tfs" ending. In this situation, the wizard does not start another connection.
Note After you apply this hotfix, the wizard starts another connection by using a URL that does not have the "/tfs" ending.
- When you connect to a TFS 2010 server for the CodePlex Web site, you receive an error message that resembles the following:TF31002:Unable to connect to this Team Foundation Server: https://xxx.codeplex.com/.
Team Foundation Server Url: https://xxx.codeplex.com/. Possible reasons for this failure include the following:
- The name, port number, or protocol for the TFS 2010 server is incorrect.
- The TFS 2010 server is offline.
- The password has expired or is incorrect.
- A TFS 2010 server is configured to use a Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) reverse proxy. The server is also configured to perform authentication over an HTTPS connection. When you try to access the TFS 2010 server, you receive the following error message:TF31001: Cannot connect to Team Foundation Server at xxx.codeplex.com. The server returned the following error:The ServicePointManager does not support proxies with the https scheme.
- When you press CTRL+A to select labels in the Choose Item Version dialog box, you experience slow performance.
Hotfix informationA supported hotfix is available from Microsoft. However, this hotfix is intended to correct only the problem that is described in this article. Apply this hotfix only to systems that are experiencing this specific problem. This hotfix might receive additional testing. Therefore, if you are not severely affected by this problem, we recommend that you wait for the next software update that contains this hotfix.
To download this hotfix from the MSDN Code Gallery, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Note The MSDN Code Gallery displays the languages for which the hotfix is available. If you do not see your language listed, it is because the Code Gallery resource page is not available for that language.
Note If additional issues occur or if any troubleshooting is required, you might have to create a separate service request. The usual support costs will apply to additional support questions and issues that do not qualify for this specific hotfix. For a complete list of Microsoft Customer Service and Support telephone numbers or to create a separate service request, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Note You can also download this hotfix rollup from the following Microsoft Connect Web site:
PrerequisitesYou must have Microsoft Visual Studio Team System 2010 Team Foundation Server Beta 2 installed to apply this hotfix.
Restart requirementYou do not have to restart the computer after you apply this hotfix if there is no instance of Visual Studio 2010 being used.
Hotfix replacement informationThis hotfix does not replace other hotfixes.
File informationThe English version of this hotfix has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Note If you continue to encounter these configuration issues after you apply the hotfix, send an e-mail message to email@example.com. In the e-mail message, include detailed information about the issue that you are experiencing.
Article ID: 978148 - Last Review: 10/07/2011 14:32:00 - Revision: 2.0
- kbexpertiseadvanced kbsurveynew kbqfe KB978148