The sender address of a forwarded meeting request does not include “on behalf of” as expected in an Exchange Server 2003 organization and an Exchange Server 2007 organization mixed environment
Consider the following scenario:
- There are a Microsoft Exchange Server 2003 organization and a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 organization.
- Exchange Server 2003 user A sends a meeting request to Exchange Server 2007 user B.
- Exchange Server 2007 user B forwards the meeting request to Exchange Server 2003 user C.
In this scenario, the sender address of the forwarded meeting request does not include "on behalf of" as expected. Therefore, it seems that user A directly sends the meeting request to user C instead.
This problem occurs because the organizer attribute of the meeting request is set incorrectly during the content conversion process that occurs in Exchange Server 2007.
To fix this problem, install the following update rollup:
Description of Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
Article ID: 978200 - Last Review: 03/18/2010 04:26:12 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2
- kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbqfe kbhotfixrollup kbfix KB978200