You experience performance issues in Office Communications Server 2007 R2 when you move many users between pools at the same time
In Microsoft Office Communications Server (OCS) 2007 R2, you experience performance issues when you move many users between pools at the same time. These performance issues may include the following:
- A heavy load occurs on a back-end server that is running Microsoft SQL Server.
- Users who are logged on are logged off.
- Most end-user scenarios such as instant messaging, presence, conferencing, and audio/video calls are unreliable.
These issuesare caused by a non-optimal code path in theSQL Server stored procedure that is used for the move user operation.
To fix these issues, apply the following update:
Description of cumulative update for Office Communications Server 2007 R2: January, 2010
To work around these issues, reduce the number of users who you move between pools at the same time.
Article ID: 978364 - Last Review: 01/07/2010 18:02:34 - Revision: 1.0
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Enterprise Edition
- Microsoft Office Communications Server 2007 R2 Standard Edition
- kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB978364