Instant messages are blocked in Office Communications Server 2007 R2 if a third-party application uses the "otherIpPhone" attribute
- A user's deployment contains a third-party application.
- The third-party application uses the otherIpPhone attribute.
- The otherIpPhone attribute contains a telephone Uniform Resource Identifier (URI) or a Session Initiation Protocol (SIP) URI.
After you apply this update, User Replicator only uses the otherIpPhone attribute for application contact objects.
- If SIP is not enabled for the user after the update is applied, enable SIP for the user.
- If SIP is enabled before you apply the update, the database is not updated retroactively. In this case, perform one of the following:
- Disable and then re-enable SIP for the user. Or, move the user to another pool and then move the user back.
- Run the following query on the back-end server to clear stale data:
update phr set phr.ForwardingUrl = null from rtc.dbo.ResourceDirectory as d inner join rtc.dbo.HomedResource as phr on (phr.ResourceId = d.ResourceId) where d.AdUserSid is not null and phr.ForwardingUrl is not null
Article ID: 978366 - Last Review: 01/07/2010 18:02:34 - Revision: 1.1
- kbqfe kbexpertiseinter kbsurveynew kbprb KB978366