MS10-017: Description of the security update for Excel 2007: March 9, 2010
- Home users:Skip the details: Download the updates for your home computer or laptop from the Microsoft Update Web site now:
- IT professionals:
How to obtain help and support for this security updateHelp installing updates: Support for Microsoft Update
Security solutions for IT professionals: TechNet Security Troubleshooting and Support
Help protect your computer that is running Windows from viruses and malware:Virus Solution and Security Center
Local support according to your country: International Support
Known issues with this security updateAfter you install this security update, you may receive an error message that resembles the following when you try to save a shared workbook:
To work around this problem, use either of the following methods:
- To avoid this problem when you create a workbook that must be shared, turn on the shared workbook option before you save the workbook to a network share.
- If the problem has already occurred, follow these steps:
982308MS10-038 and MS10-036: Description of the security update for Excel 2007: June 8, 2010
- Open the shared workbook, and then save it to a local drive.
- Turn on the shared workbook option.
- Save the workbook on the network share.
Prerequisites to apply this security updateTo install this security update, you must have one of the following installed:
- 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 2 (SP2)
- 2007 Microsoft Office suite Service Pack 1 (SP1)
Security update replacement informationThis security update replaces the following security update:
Removal informationTo remove this security update, use the Add or Remove Programs item or use the Programs and Features item in Control Panel.
File informationThe English (United States) version of this security update has the file attributes (or later file attributes) that are listed in the following table. The dates and times for these files are listed in Coordinated Universal Time (UTC). When you view the file information, it is converted to local time. To find the difference between UTC and local time, use the Time Zone tab in the Date and Time item in Control Panel.
Security update for Microsoft Office Excel 2007 (KB978382)
|File name||File version||File size||Date||Time|
Article ID: 978382 - Last Review: 06/21/2014 13:36:00 - Revision: 7.0
- kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew kbsecvulnerability kbsecurity kbsecbulletin kbfix kbexpertiseinter kbbug atdownload KB978382