The Boot.wim file on the head node grows excessively in size after HPC Pack 2008 Service Pack 1 is installed
- In the media or file share that you used to capture the deployment image, locate the original Boot.wim file (\sources\boot.wim).
- Copy the original Boot.wim file, and then replace the Boot.wim file that is located in the following folder:
- Start HPC Cluster Manager, and then click Configuration.
- In the To-do List, click Configure your network.
- Change the current network topology to something other than what you have, and then complete the wizard.
- Click Configure your network again, set the network topology back to its original state, and then complete the wizard again.
Note The Boot.wim file is now repaired. Make sure that you have applied the update that is described in the “Update information” section so that the file’s size does not grow excessively again.
How to obtain this updateThis update is available from the following Microsoft Web site:
Download the update package now.
For more information about how to download Microsoft support files, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
PrerequisitesTo apply this update, your computer must be running Windows HPC Server 2008 or Windows Server 2008. Additionally, you must install HPC Pack 2008 Service Pack 1.
Installation instructionsTo start the download:
- click the Download button
- Click Save to copy the download to your computer.
- Run the download file on the head node.
Restart requirementYou may have to restart the computer after you install this update.
Update replacement informationThis update does not replace a previously released update.
Article ID: 978570 - Last Review: 12/31/2012 07:16:00 - Revision: 3.0
- atdownload kbbug kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB978570