EnumFontFamiliesEx may return “Meiryo Bold” instead of “Meiryo” in elfFullName member for ENUMLOGFONTEX structure after KB975929 is installed or uninstalled on Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008
EnumFontFamiliesEx may return “Meiryo Bold” instead of “Meiryo” in elfFullName member for ENUMLOGFONTEX structure after KB975929 is installed on Windows Vista or Windows Server 2008.
KB975929 will update the registry entry for Meiryo Bold first followed by Meiryo Regular, in the order of which the EnumFontFamiliesEx is sensitive in enumerating font families and it doesn’t enumerate style variants belonging to the same family.
[Warning] Serious problems might occur if you modify the registry incorrectly by using Registry Editor or by using another method. These problems might require that you reinstall your operating system. Microsoft cannot guarantee that these problems can be solved. Modify the registry at your own risk.
To resolve this problem, re-order two String values associated to Meiryo font in the following registry subkey.
To re-order the two String values for Meiryo font, follow these steps:
1. Click Start, type regedit in the Start Search box, and then click regedit in the Programs list.
2. Locate and then click the following registry subkey:
3. Locate the Value data “meiryo.ttc”.
4. Right-click the String value, click Rename, and then press Control + C to copy the String value to the Clipboard.
5. Right-click the String value, and then click Delete.
6. On the Edit menu, point to New, and then click String Value.
7. Press Control + V to paste the same String value back from the Clipboard.
6. Right-click the String value, and then click Modify.
7. In the Value data box, type “meiryo.ttc”, and then click OK.
8. Iterate the steps from 3 to 7 for the Value data “meiryob.ttc”.
9. If you are running x64 or ia64 based PC, iterate the step from 3 to 8 for the following registry subkey:
10. Exit Registry Editor, and then restart the computer.
TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, MICROSOFT AND/OR ITS SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM AND EXCLUDE ALL REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, AND CONDITIONS WHETHER EXPRESS, IMPLIED OR STATUTORY, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO REPRESENTATIONS, WARRANTIES, OR CONDITIONS OF TITLE, NON INFRINGEMENT, SATISFACTORY CONDITION OR QUALITY, MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, WITH RESPECT TO THE MATERIALS.
Article ID: 978799 - Last Review: 12/16/2009 21:58:32 - Revision: 1.0
- kbrapidpub kbnomt KB978799