Read items are marked incorrectly as unread items in an Exchange Server 2007 public folder
When a Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 user marks a read item as unread in a public folder, other read items in the public folder may show incorrectly as unread. However, if the user tries to navigate away from the public folder and then navigate back, or the user restarts the Microsoft Office Outlook client, this problem does not occur.
Note A typical scenario of this problem is as described in the following example:
- You create a mail-enabled public folder on an Exchange server 2007 server.
- You send 5 messages to the mail-enabled public folder.
- You open the mail-enabled public folder by using Outlook and see that the 5 messages are set as unread.
- You click the first message and then move from the first message to the second message by using the down arrow key. The first message should change to read.
- You move from the second message to the third message by using the down arrow key. The second message should change to read.
- You right-click the second message and mark the second message as unread.
- You move from the third message to the fourth message by using the down arrow key.
This problem occurs because Exchange Server 2007 uses a single BOOL variable to track the status change but misses the change notification in this scenario.
To resolve this problem, install the following update rollup:
979784 Description of Update Rollup 3 for Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about how to mail-enable public folders, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 978832 - Last Review: 03/18/2010 04:20:14 - Revision: 1.0
Microsoft Exchange Server 2007 Service Pack 2
- kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixrollup KB978832