FIX: You cannot change an expired password in an intranet Web application that is published by using Forms Based Authentication and LDAP authentication in ISA Server 2006 or in Forefront TMG 2010
- You have an intranet application that is published by using Forms Based Authentication and Lightweight Directory Access Protocol (LDAP) authentication in Microsoft Internet Security and Acceleration (ISA) Server 2006 Service Pack 1 (SP1) or Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010.
- You enable the Allow users to change their password option in the Web listener.
- You try to log on to the intranet application by using an expired password. Then, you are redirected to the Change Password form Web page.
- You try to change the password. However, you type an incorrect password in the Old Password box.
This problem occurs when the following conditions are true:
- The hotfix that is described in Microsoft Knowledge Base article 959357 is installed on the ISA Server 2006 server or Forefront TMG 2010.
- The Allow users to change their password option is enabled in the Web listener.
Note The supported fix for Forefront TMG 2010 is included in Forefront TMG 2010 Service Pack 1 (SP1).
Service pack informationThis problem is fixed in Forefront TMG 2010 Service Pack 1.
For more information about how to obtain Forefront TMG 2010 Service Pack 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Hotfix rollup information
To resolve this problem, install the hotfix package that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Article ID: 978970 - Last Review: 10/06/2011 14:29:00 - Revision: 4.0
- kbexpertiseinter kbfix kbsurveynew kbqfe KB978970