FIX: You cannot enable the malware inspection for an access rule in Forefront TMG 2010 EMS
Consider the following scenario:
- You create a new enterprise policy in Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway (TMG) 2010 Enterprise Management Server (EMS).
- You create a new access rule that applies to the HTTP protocol in this enterprise policy.
- You disable malware inspection on this rule in the New Access Rule Wizard.
- You try to enable the malware inspection on this rule after the rule and the policy are created.
In this scenario, you cannot edit the rule settings of the malware inspection, and the operation fails.
Service pack information
This problem is fixed in Forefront TMG 2010 Service Pack 1.
For more information about how to obtain Forefront TMG 2010 Service Pack 1, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
List of problems that are fixed in Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Service Pack 1
Hotfix rollup information
To resolve this problem, install the hotfix rollup package that is described in the following Microsoft Knowledge Base article:
Description of the Forefront TMG 2010 hotfix package: February 12, 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section. This problem was first corrected in Forefront TMG 2010 Service Pack 1.
For more information about software update terminology, click the following article number to view the article in the Microsoft Knowledge Base:
Description of the standard terminology that is used to describe Microsoft software updates
Article ID: 979249 - Last Review: 10/09/2011 16:41:00 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Forefront Threat Management Gateway 2010 Enterprise
- kbexpertiseinter kbfix kbsurveynew kbqfe KB979249