To resolve the issues that are described in the "Introduction" section, download the update file from the following Microsoft Download Center Web site:Download the package now.
To obtain the new Operations Manager 2007 management pack, visit the following Microsoft Download Center Web site:Download the package now.
To apply this update, your computer must be running Microsoft Operations Manager 2007 R2 Management Server or Microsoft Operations Manager 2007 R2 Gateway Server.Note
This update does not apply to management console-only installations.
To install this update, follow these steps:
- Download the update files and the management packs that are mentioned in the "Download information" section. Download the files to a download directory that is located on a local drive or on a shared network drive.
Note The update file that you install should match the platform that is running on the computer.
- If you have Operations Manager 2007 R2 Management Server installed, install one of the following files from the download directory. The file that you install should match the platform of the computer.
If you have Operations Manager 2007 R2 Gateway Server installed, install one of the following files from the download directory. The file that you install should match the platform of the computer.
- Import the management packs.
- Use the Operations Manager 2007 R2 Discovery Wizard to re-discover the UNIX and Linux computers. Then, upgrade the agents on those computers.
In Windows Server 2008, run these file at a command prompt that was opened by using the Run as Administrator
option. If you do not run this Windows installer file at an elevated command prompt, the System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 Software Update splash screen does not let you install the hotfix.
The management pack update installs SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 11 Management Pack (Microsoft.Linux.SLES.11.MP) in the following folder:
Program Files\System Center Management Packs
This update installs the UNIX and Linux agents in the following folder:
Program Files\System Center Operations Manager 2007\AgentManagement\UnixAgents
The agents that are included with Operations Manager 2007 R2 have the following format:
scx-1.0.4-248-<server type>.<server version>.<architecture>.<package type>Notes
- "<server type>" represents the name of the UNIX or Linux server product.
- "<server version>" represents the version number of the server type.
- "<architecture>" represents the platform of the destination computer.
- "<package type>" represents the installation file type.
The following is an example of the format for an agent of SUSE Linux Enterprise Server 10 (x86-based version):
The agents that are included in Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cross Platform Agent Update have a version number 252.
The agents that are included in the update that is described in this article have version number 258. The following is the format of the agents:
scx-1.0.4-258-<server type>.<server version> .<architecture>.<package type>
This update affects the following files. These files can be found in an Operations Manager 2007 R2 installation or in Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cumulative Update 1. Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cumulative Update 1 is described in KB article 974144.
These files are not removed when this update is installed. However, these files are replaced with 1-kilobyte (KB) files. You can remove them manually.
This update also affects the following files. These files can be found in the Operations Manager 2007 R2 Cross Platform Agent Update.
These files are not removed when this update is installed. You can remove them manually. The Discovery Wizard automatically selects the latest version of the UNIX or Linux agent to install.
For more information about System Center, visit the following Microsoft Web site: