A "0x85010014" error is generated when linked mailbox users try to synchronize their mailboxes with mobile devices in a CAS-CAS proxying scenario in Exchange Server 2010
Consider the following scenario:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 servers are deployed in a scenario in which one Client Access Server performs as a proxy for another Client Access Server.
- Client Access server 1 is located in site 1.
- Client Access server 2 is located in site 2.
- Client Access server 1 is the Internet-facing server.
- Client Access server 1 takes the proxying role.
- There are linked mailboxes in site 2.
Log Name: SecuritySource: Microsoft-Windows-Security-AuditingEvent ID: 4625Task Category: LogonLevel: InformationKeywords: Audit FailureDescription:An account failed to log on.......Failure Information: Failure Reason: An Error occurred during Logon. Status: 0xc000018b Sub Status: 0x0Process Information: Caller Process ID: <ID> Caller Process Name: <path>\w3wp.exe......
This problem occurs because the Client Access server does not have the required permissions for the Active Directory forest that contains the external accounts that are associated with the linked mailboxes. Therefore, an exception is generated for the linked mailbox accounts.
To fix this problem, install the following update rollup:
979611 Description of Update Rollup 2 for Exchange Server 2010: February 18, 2010
Microsoft has confirmed that this is a problem in the Microsoft products that are listed in the "Applies to" section.
For more information about proxying, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
For more information about linked mailboxes, visit the following Microsoft Web site:
Article ID: 979566 - Last Review: 03/04/2010 23:55:47 - Revision: 1.1
Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Enterprise, Microsoft Exchange Server 2010 Standard
- kbqfe kbfix kbhotfixrollup kbsurveynew kbexpertiseinter KB979566