A publication is printed incorrectly in Publisher 2010 or 2013
Consider the following scenario. In Microsoft Publisher, you select a sheet size that is larger than the maximum sheet size that is supported by the printer. For example, the maximum sheet size is A4, and the sheet size that you select is A3. You print the publication. In this scenario, the publication is not printed in the A3 sheet size. However, in print preview, the publication is displayed correctly.
Publisher generates the print preview based on the information that the printer driver provides. However, there are three things that the printer driver may report incorrectly: the list of supported sheet sizes, duplex printing capabilities, and color printing capabilities. For example, the printer driver may exhibit the following behavior:
- The printer driver lets you select a sheet size that is not supported by the printer itself.
- The printer driver incorrectly reports that the printer has duplex printing capabilities.
- The printer driver incorrectly reports that the printer has color printing capabilities.
To work around this problem, you have to determine whether the printer supports the special needs of the document, such as printing on a larger sheet size, duplex printing, and printing in color.
Note Some printer drivers have the option to scale the content to the size of the sheet. To enable this setting in Publisher 2010, follow these steps:
- Click the File tab, and then click Print.
- In the Printer section, click Printer Properties.
- Click the Effects tab.
- In the Resize Options section, click to select the Print document on option, and then click to select the Scale to fit check box.
- Click OK.
Article ID: 979639 - Last Review: 12/13/2012 13:28:00 - Revision: 5.1
- kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew kbprb KB979639