You receive an error message when you open an Office Word document from a Web browser on a new computer
You have a new computer. When you open an Office Word document from a Web browser, you receive the following error message:
To open this document, your computer must be running a version of Microsoft Word and a Web browser that supports opening files directly from Office Web Applications.
To work around this issue, click Start
, and then see whether Microsoft Office 2010 appears on the Start menu:
- If Office 2010 appears, double-click the Office 2010 icon to see the options. These options let you to activate the Office 2010 suite, purchase an Office 2010 suite, or use Office Starter 2010.
- If Office 2010 does not appear and you do not have Office 2010 or Office Starter 2010 on your computer, you can go online or visit your local retailer to find more about how to purchase Office.
Article ID: 980225 - Last Review: 09/12/2011 03:47:00 - Revision: 4.0
- Microsoft Word 2010
- Microsoft Office Standard 2010
- Microsoft Office Professional 2010
- Microsoft Office Starter 2010
- kbtshoot kbexpertisebeginner kbsurveynew kbprb KB980225